Blog Archive

About Me

Thursday, March 10, 2011



Sinulog Festival


Sinulog is a  festive, cultural, and religious activity which is enjoyed and celebrated not only by Cebuanos but also by each individual who believed in the greatness of Sr. Sto. Nino. This is the time when Sugbuanons show how talented ad devoted they are. But Sinulog isn't just about cultural dance competitions. It isn't just about big crowd or festive chants or huge floats. Most importantly, it's about the strong faith that we have on Sr. Sto. Nino. May we not limit our worship by just following the procession without paying enough attention to it or by just being physically present during mass but mentally and spiritually not.  may we worship the holy child by believing and trusting in him without any worry or doubt.






MY SINULOG 2011
       
  In my life's 16 Sinulog celebrations, Sinulog 2011 was my first time celebrating with the crowd. For the past fifteen years i just spent my whole Sinulog at the house with television as the main medium.

        

January 16, 2011 is indeed a great but tiring day for me. I spent 12 hours off the house. Before placing myself at the Sinulog area, Mom and I attended first the baptismal celebration of my aunt's adopted child. W left the house by nine even if the baptism is still at eleven because of the expected heavy traffic. The reception was an eat- all- you can restaurant in Mandaue. My lunch was really very heavy that time. Mom got a lot fo food from the buffet table before we knew that there's a P250.00 penalty for left- overs.So, we have no choice but to eat them all right away.





        After the heavy lunch, we went to Ayala by 3pm -- not for some shopping -- but for some picture taking. From there we proceed to Fuente to watch the Flovial parade. But i wasn't able to watch clearly because of the big crowd. Instead, we just bought ourselves some tattoos which are really very trendy. After Fuente we walked to B. Rodriguez to attend the Birthday celebration of my cousin. Another heavy meal was taken that made me really sick to the extent that I feel as though i need to vomit or something. Then a painful headache stroke me badly. I thought that that headache would ruin my day but luckily it disappeared shortly. We went back to Fuente and the most unforgettable part of my day happened. My mom, I, and my two other sisters needed some C.R. badly so we headed to Robinsons Place for some comfort. We were shocked to witness that the line for the ladies' room was about 16 meters long. We lined up at first but since our urinary bladder seemed to burst already, Mom got the idea of transfering to the mens' room. I refused at first but because I couldn't stand the bursting feeling at all, I just followed her unwillingly. I was relieved when i learnt that we are not only the ladies inside the supposed- to- be mens' room. But still I can't stop the very uncomfortable feeling of being in a place where i don't belong and where mens'  eyes were focused on us. I can see the expression of wonder, surprise and ridicule on their faces. The very hot atmosphere also worsen the already- worse situation. I felt a lot of relief when i went out of the stupid C.R and swore to myself that that would be  my first and last door- switching.


My Sinulog 2011 was not as exciting as  I expected. But what is important there is that i still enjoyed and i still felt the thrill of the moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment